Custom Pages

November 08, 2010

Livin' in a Dreamworld

November 08, 2010
I have so much to write about, so much that it has overwhelmed me to the point of not writing anything at all.  I even have an entire page in my fish-scale notebook I take to school dedicated just for all of the things I need to write.  But, I don't want this to keep me from keeping a frequent journal.  So because of that, here I am!  Big post to come.

Anyway I am loving life right now.  It is just so good!!! Things are falling into place.  I'm appreciating the little things around me.  I have like 20 different crushes as I go throughout my day.  I'm deep cleaning my closet in preparation for my move.  My clothes are fitting.  I'm kinder.  I'm just all around happier!  What a difference it makes.  I don't really know what changed, other than I made a conscious decision to stop worrying about what I look like or how I am perceived, I guess you could say I'm confident.  Or maybe it's the fact that the stress of getting into, registering, and preparing for college is finally at bay.  Or maybe that volleyball has finally ended?  Whatever the case,  all I know is that I am happy!  And I like it.

Random Little Things:
~ I am luhh-uving Gossip Girl!  Now I am officially obsessed.  Can you say marathon?  Cause I can.
~ I got my Winter Formal dress from ModCloth a couple days ago and I absolutely adore it.
~ I won a giveaway from Navoh and scored a free bag worth $90!
~ The movie The Village-- I could write an entire essay analyzing that thing!
~ Making eye contact with crush #1 (out of previously mentioned 20) three times in one day, followed by uncontrolled smiles and some blushing to myself.  Siggghhh.
~ Making video after video with my friends on Friday nights.
~ Stumbleupon.com!  Only the greatest invention ever.  I'm listening to one of it's mixes right now, of course every single song on it is what i love, without having to like a million songs on Pandora to get there.  Oh how this site was made just for me!  All the different Tumblr's, articles, photos, all just my taste.  It's almost creepy...
~ Getting a pretty green coat and rad leather jacket for cheap.
~ All the babies coming :)
~ Mike Posner.  Obsessed.  Just add every song you can find on playlist, you will not be disappointed.
~ Chuck, no wait, Nate.  Chuck.  Okay, I lied, I love Nate.  No, Chuck!  GG, what have you done to me?!
~ Seminary everyday with my amazing class and teacher.
~ Getting inspiration for my Graduation Announcements.
~ Getting a B on my Pre-calc Midterm!!!  Big deal.
~ After blowdrying my hair, all I have to do is put it in a ballerina bun, and within five minutes, waalaa.  Perfect curls.
~ Making delicious pumpkin cookies for my seminary class, the Sandstroms, and Gina.  And of course the leftovers for myself.
~ Dancing while getting ready for school in the morning.

I could go on and on. Ah life, how I love thee!

Okay back to that mix I put on the list up there?
First time on Stumbler and this is the playlist it Stumbles me upon:

Dreamworld- Rilo Kiley
Casimir Pulaski Day- Sufjan Stevens
I Will Follow You Into the Dark- Death Cab for Cutie
Detlef Schrempf- Band of Horses
Flightless Bird, American Mouth- Iron & Wine
See the Sun (Alternate Version)- The Kooks
No Ones Gonna Love You- Band of Horses
Your Hand In Mine- Explosions in the Sky
Meg White- Ray LaMontage

HOW DO THEY KNOW ME SO WELL!?

So lesson of the day is be happy!  And if you're not, have faith that you will be.  Because you will.  I've heard that the biggest misconception concerning happiness is that it appears as an extended period of time.  In reality, it's the little things (as cliche as it is or as many times as we have heard it) throughout our journey that come together that make us happy.  It's in realizing the Lord's hand in our lives by the tiny, pink flower on the side of the courtyard.  And talking to your mom on a daily basis.  And learning that you have to be your best friend before you can be anyone else's.  Insert "love yourself", "know yourself," "be happy for yourself," etc. in "be your best friend".  And just learning in general.

And with that I bid thee adieu :)
Sweet Dreams.
Title*Dreamworld by Rilo Kiley

No comments :

Post a Comment