Custom Pages

May 07, 2010

Gala Gaga

May 07, 2010
The looks at this years Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC were b-e-a-utiful.

SHAWTIES.
First we have Miss Blake's gorgeous Marchesa, short blue dress. I love the swirled ruffles, really, it's like a walking piece of modern art, not to mention her pumps are to die for.  She does the statement sleeve awesomely, not too big that it's just plain ugly and distracting, it's perfect.
Leonardo DiCaprio's model gf Bar Refaeli (first of all, who names their daughter Bar? Thank goodness she's a beauty) dress is gorgeous.  I love the bodice lines and cream bottom. mmm.

RUNNER UP.
Goes to my favorite person ever, Princess (in my eyes) Emma Watson! This custom made Burberry dress is AMAZING.  Magnificent.  I'm in love.  It's light, without compromising the elegence.  I love the cut of it, and how you can see the boning in the bodice, the sleeves, and excess fabric ruffled, the train.  The dress is just so complete.

HONORABLE MENTION.
Mila Kunis in beautiful and this Vera Wang dress is crazy pretty.  It doesn't look trashy, it's just made so well.  Like it is art. As simple as that.

FIRST PLACE!!!
Sienna Miller with her hunk of a husband Jude Law!  Emilio Pucci everybody.  Okay, first of all, beautiful navy blue, plunging neckline (which is a little too plunging for my taste) and high front bottom, and those shoes?  that train? the lace? Sigh.  Sometimes I wish I were rich and could afford a personal trainer, nutritionist, all the time in the day, and to borrow designer dresses.

i love this stuff.

No comments :

Post a Comment